George lands back in Australia and spends his first week in hotel quarantine. We sat with him (virtually) for 10 minutes to hear the rundown – what he’s been listening to, what his routine looks like & what his plans are for his future in Australia.
The fire round
- On repeat – Teskey Brothers
- Snack of the day – Oranges
- Bingeing – Olympics
- Outfit repeat – Proper Class Tee
- Motivation – getting fit to hit the ground running for November NRL pre season.
- Wish you had? Jo and the girls with us.
- Can’t live without or surviving with – it’s hard not being able to get out and let Boston have a run around.
- Quarantine hack – try and stick to a routine and keep busy
The quarantine routine. George gave us all the deets on what a typical day in quarantine has been like for him and the little man.
- Stretch/rehab program
- Play with Boston
- Netflix n chill
- Wrestle session with boston
- Afternoon movie
- Tidy up/laundry/dishes
- Read Boston bedtime stories
Diving a little deeper…
Workout/rehab routine in lockdown? What is it?
The dragons staff have kindly put together a structured program for my two weeks, including various movement/strength/aerobic sessions.
How are you keeping Boston occupied?
I am just trying to keep him busy with his toys and his drawing and colouring that nanny dropped off for us. Also he will watch stuff on tv whilst I am training.
First thing you’re going to do when free?
I will be going to see my family straight away.
How long are you back in Australia?
Indefinitely, I have signed with dragons until the end of 2023 so we will see what happens.
What’s next for George?
Hopefully bounce back to my best after the recent surgery by getting super fit again and playing good footy.
Well there we have it, George and Boston are killing quarantine! Australia is pretty excited to have you back and we can’t wait to see you on the field again (especially when you go head-to-head with Tom)
We’re looking forward to seeing the Burgess Brothers’ reunion and seeing who the lucky giveaway winner is that’ll be joining you all.